Monday 16 May 2011

Assignment 1:Say hello

Assignment 1: Say hello, is a brief asking you to introduce your tutor to you and your work.
Send a greetings card, showing your tutor your interests and inspirations.
This has been a really difficult brief for me, trying to decide how to best to show my interests, and even just making a greetings card. I have tried many different formats before reaching the final product.

I decided to get a copy of photoshop and illustrator, and below was the first idea I had for my greetings card.
It appears to be quite a big task just to get to grips with those programmes, and I drew these completely on illustrator, and just coloured them in photoshop.
I liked the childlike feel of the images, and felt that I had shown some of my interests; e.g cats, sewing, birds cakes etc!



I then felt that my main interest has always been in fashion, and that fashion illustration was the area that I would like to develop more, so I wanted a card more in that vein.


However, I was unhappy with the image. The original sketch wasn't as good as i'd originally thought it was.  I did use a photograph that I had taken of some roses in the image, and liked the mixed media feel this gave, so it wasn't a totally wasted venture.

I then saw this great picture of Linda Evangelista, and felt inspired to try and draw her. She is often a muse for the fabulous fashion illustrator, and personal favourite; David Downton.



And below, front view of my card incorporating the roses, edited and manipulated on photoshop in a decoupage style.


and the Downton inspired image. Original sketch in pencil, ink and watercolours. More drawing in adobe illustrator. Printed on watercolour paper.





1 comment:

  1. wow i really like these ideas; i loved the mixed media card with the yellow photographed roses.

    ReplyDelete